Randalls are an independent Wealth Management and Financial Advice practice based in the centre of historic Exeter but serving clients throughout the UK and beyond.
We are purposefully small company with a high concentration of expertise. This allows us to deliver the highly personal and high quality service that we aim for.
Steven Randall ACIB APFS
Chartered Financial Planner
- Steve provides services to private clients, trustees, charities, family investment companies, business owners and entrepreneurs
- Steve is a Chartered member of the Personal Finance Society
- Steve has over 40 years of experience in financial services
Isaac Randall BA(Hons) DipPFS Chartered FCSI
Chartered Wealth Manager
- Isaac provides services to private clients, trustees, charities, family investment companies, business owners and entrepreneurs
- Isaac is a Chartered Fellow with the Chartered Institute of Securities & Investments (CISI)
- Isaac has over 15 years of experience in financial services
- Isaac develops software which helps to make clearer and more considered investment decisions
Paul Churchill DipCII DipPFS
Client Account Manager
Professional Liaison Manager
- Paul provides client relationship services to private clients
- Paul works closely with accountants, solicitors and other professionals on behalf of our mutual clients
- Paul is a holder of the diploma in regulated financial planning
- Paul has over 20 years of experience in financial services
Trainee Client Account Manager
- Sam provides technical support services to advisers and also deals with administrative queries from our clients
- Sam is close to completing the diploma in regulated financial planning and is training towards becoming a client account manager
Trainee Client Account Manager
- Toni provides technical support services to advisers and also deals with administrative queries from our clients
- Toni is close to completing the diploma in regulated financial planning and is training towards becoming a client account manager
- Sara manages the office and makes sure everything is running smoothly. She also provides administrative services to advisers and clients
- Tim services are contracted to ensure that our practice maintains the highest compliance with regulation and best practice
Prof Richard Harris
University of Bristol
External Expert for Asset Allocation and Forecasting modelling
- Professor Harris’ acts as an external expert for our Asset Allocation and Forecasting team. He is responsible for ensuring that 1) our modelling decisions and assumptions represent best practice, are research based and maintain academic veracity; 2) that our modelling is regularly reviewed and improved; 3) that the application of our modelling is correct and robust.
- Professor Harris provides consultation services to Randalls. He is a professor of finance at University of Bristol. Randalls have based their appointment of Professor Harris based on his considerable level of relevant expertise.
His academic profile can be read here
Frequently asked questions
We tend to take our time when a new client is interested in working with us. We start with an informal introductory meeting, this is an opportunity for us to start to get to know each other – we do not charge for this meeting. We will explain our services and the costs for these.
If it becomes apparent that we can add value to you, and you would like to engage our services then we will arrange a further meeting. This meeting will be a more focused discovery meeting – this is the start of the journey.
At outset, we will meet as often as it takes for us to be in the position to give good advice and for you to feel confident with everything.
Once we have presented our advice and then implemented this, we usually meet our client’s annually to undertake a formal review of the plan and make updated recommendations for the portfolio. However, our service arrangements can be tailored to meet specific needs, and this can include multiple formal advice meetings throughout the year.
Throughout the year, even when things go quiet, we are constantly working in the background on your behalf.
Of course, life happens in between scheduled reviews and our clients know that they can get in touch at any time to discuss any matter.
Firstly, we’re advisers and not a financial product. We will recommend a portfolio of financial products and upon your agreement we will implement our recommendations. We will never handle your money ourselves and your assets will always be held in your name unless otherwise stated (for example if they are to be held in trust).
As intermediaries, once your portfolio is setup, we will manage all of your financial products on an ongoing basis – saving you the time and expense of doing so. This means we act as your single point of contact for all of your arrangements.
Yes – we are regulated and directly authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), our reference number is 610305. Look us up here.
We are also contributors to the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) and so our clients have full protection under this scheme.
We have a robust complaints procedure and are subject to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
As advisers, we consider it non-negotiable to maintain the highest level of qualifications in our disciplines. While our whole team is involved in the advice process, each client will be assigned a personal adviser who is either a Chartered Financial Planner or a Chartered Wealth Manager.
Chartership with either the Personal Finance Society (PFS) or the Chartered Institute of Securities & Investments (CISI) represents the pinnacle of qualification in our professions. All of our team, even those already at the highest level of qualification in their field, are on a personalised programme of further development. We are committed to continual professional development.
Absolutely not. While we are based in the centre of Exeter, we have many clients throughout the UK and beyond.